Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lets Race And See What Happens!

Did you ever think about how with everything we do there are consequences whether good or bad? We all know that there are consequences for our actions. Sometimes we might not think of these consequences before we are about to do something that is potentially dangerous or something that we may regret. Take something like street racing. Its very dangerous and when someone pulls up next to us at a light and we say to ourselves should we race or not. Most of the time we might say "why not? i can stop if i dont feel like racing anymore." But at the time we are racing a kid could run out into the street, a pot hole in the road might send the car off track into a house, what happens if we go to fast and cant stop in time? There are so many possibilities that might not happen but could happen. About a year ago my parents had taken me to pick out my first car. We couldnt really find anything but they saw how i liked to look at the mustangs. they said i wasnt allowed to get one because they are too fast and are very dangerous. On my seventeeth birthday they surprised me with a nice red mustang. They said that i should be smart enough to know not to race, and gave me many speaches on the dangers of racing, and how many of there friends got into horrible accidents. I didnt think things like that could happen to me. i kind of saw my self as invincible. I floored th peddle at a stop sign and went into a tail spin just to fool around where there were no cars or anything but there was a pole. I spun out of control and almost hit the pole. i stoped about five feet from it. i was so scared i couldnt even drive anymore i had to sit at the curb for a little while, until i felt i could drive again. I went ome and went into my room. I didnt try anything like that eveer again. i endup selling the car because it was so dangerous and didnt find it comfortable to drive. It was an over all scary thought of crashing the car. Many things could be fun at times and "cool" to some people, but wen it comes to our safety, we should think about the consequences more!

No comments: