Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Field of Dreams

Have you ever been to a baseball game before? Maybe you’ve even played on a baseball field. They’re wide open fields with nothing around but grass. Its huge atmosphere is relaxing and you can just feel the excitement that occurs on the field. A man on second base, the batter hits a line drive to the left field wall, runner on second scores, and the batter ends up on third! Baseball fields have grass on the outfield and infield but along the base path is dirt. Its big diamond shape has four little bases, First, second, third, and home, all in which the batters run on to score the next big run. I have played since I was five years old, and as I entered high school it was found that I was a pitcher. I was really good as a pitcher, and also threw the hardest on the team. I’ve played man games at many different places, including some really nice baseball fields. I played at the New York Yankees field at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx. It was a championship game for a league outside of my school. This was a major league baseball professional field, and was the nicest field that I’ve ever played on in my life. I also played on other big field like Tropicana field in Florida which is a spring training field for major league teams. And another field I played on was The Richmond County Ballpark at St. George, or better known as The Staten Island Yankee stadium. I don’t have the opportunity to play baseball anymore because shoulder problems were surgery is needed. I haven’t played in about one year now really miss it. Just standing on the field is a great feeling that brings memories and also brings me back to the days of when I used to play and enjoy every single moment of it.

No comments: